At Suncoast, serving members is our number one priority. One of the ways we do that is by providing answers to your most commonly asked questions in hopes of making your credit union experience as easy and convenient as possible.
What is the routing number for my account?
The routing number is 263 182 817.
Where do I find my 14-digit account number?
Follow these steps to find your account number using SunNet Online Banking:
- Log into SunNet Online Banking
- Click on ”Accounts“
- In the List View, your 14-digit account number can be found in the Account # column. In the Tile View, click on ”Account #“ from any of your deposit accounts; your 14-digit account number will appear.
Member Care Center
What documentation is required to open my account if my identification does not show my current address?
If your identification doesn’t have your current address please be sure to bring the appropriate documents to validate your residential address, such as:
- Utility bill or utility hookup
- Vehicle registration
- Letter from Social Security office
- Lease agreement
- Sunbiz (for business account types)
- Real EstateTax Record
- Mortgage document if you recently purchased a new home
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Educational institution transcript
- W-2 or 1099 for the most recent tax year
- Renters insurance policy
What information will I need to make a one-time payment online?
All you need is your loan account number, full credit card number for your credit card account, or mortgage loan account number. Make sure to remove any hyphens, dashes or spaces when entering the information.
Where can I find my loan account number?
Your loan account number can be found on your loan statement or in SunNet or SunMobile if you are enrolled in digital banking.
When navigating to SunNet, click on “Details” from the Accounts Page to see your full loan account number. In SunMobile, once you click on the loan, there is a dropdown arrow that displays your ACH loan number.
Can I make a payment on a weekend?
You can make a payment any day, but please keep in mind that any payment scheduled on a weekend day will post the next business day.
Will I get a confirmation after making a one-time online payment?
Yes! When your payment is complete, you will receive payment confirmation along with a confirmation number. You are able to print the receipt or email it to yourself.
When you enter your email address when making the online payment, it will generate a receipt that will be emailed to you from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I pay with a credit or debit card?
Yes, you can pay with a debit card. There is a $3.50 fee for debit card payments, but it is FREE when you use the routing and account number from your other financial institution to set up your payment.
You cannot use a credit card to make an online loan payment.
Can I pay with an account from another financial institution?
Yes! When you follow the prompts to make your online payment, you can enter the information from your financial institution to make the payment. Just make sure you are ready with the financial institution’s routing number and your full account number at the other institution.
Can I cancel a payment?
All payments made through our Speedpay platform are final. If you would like consideration for a payment reversal, please contact a representative in our Member Care Center Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
How long will it take my online loan payment to be processed?
Typically, payments made with a debit card will be debited on the day we receive the payment authorization. If the authorization comes on a weekend or after the scheduled cutoff time (4 p.m.), the payment will be processed on the next business day.
When using the account and routing number from your other financial institution, please allow up to 3 business days to see the activity reflect in your account history.
Can I make a one-time online payment on a family member’s Suncoast loan?
Yes, you can. You will need the person’s loan account number to make the payment.
Mobile Wallet Payments
What is moBill?
moBill is a fast, secure, and easy way to view and pay your loans directly on your smartphone without logging in to an app. Your loan statement lives directly into your mobile wallet, so it can be accessed at any time. It will also send you payment reminders through push notifications or texts.
How can I download moBill?
Can I make a payment from my Suncoast Credit Union moBill?
Yes, you can make a payment directly from your moBill. Tap on the circle with the three dots to access the back of the pass if you are on an Apple Device. From there, select the option for payment. If you are on an Android device or accessing the pass from your Google Pay wallet, you can simply scroll to see the link to make a payment.
Will I receive notifications when a payment is due?
Yes! Once the moBill is in your wallet, you will receive payment reminders 7 days, 5 days, and one day before your payment is due. If you forget to make your payment on time, don’t worry. We have you covered with past due notifications as well.
Can I turn off or modify my payment notifications?
Yes, you have full control over your notifications. Tap on the circle with the three dots to access the back of the pass if you are on an Apple Device. From there, select the option to Manage your Notifications Preferences. If you are on an Android device or accessing the pass from your Google Pay wallet, you can simply scroll to see the options.
Can I use the same moBill pass to pay all of their Suncoast loans?
No, each loan must be added separately. It will create a separate pass for each loan which allows you to pay each loan as needed.
Do I have to download or add a new moBill pass every month?
No, once a pass has been added to the wallet, it will automatically update each month with the latest available information.
What else can be done with the moBill pass?
Members can manage notification preference, pay loans, access other information like Suncoast’s privacy notice, and access the SunMobile app.
Can I access SunMobile from my pass?
Yes, click on the Suncoast icon when viewing your pass and it’ll open SunMobile if you’ve already downloaded the application. If you don’t have SunMobile downloaded, you will be prompted to download it.
Will I see a pass once my loan is paid off?
Yes, you’ll still see a pass but it will state Account Closed with messaging to “Please Remove Pass.”
Policy regarding loan payments by Visa credit card
Why can’t I make a loan payment with a Visa credit card anymore?
Visa has updated its policy regarding loan payments as of July 31, 2017. After the update, Visa no longer allows anyone to use Visa credit cards to make loan or debt payments.
Who does this loan payment policy update impact?
Since this policy change is from Visa, it impacts anyone who uses a Visa credit card to make loan or debt payments. This policy update is from Visa, not Suncoast Credit Union. So it could impact anyone who has a Visa credit card, no matter what financial institution it is from.
What will happen if I try to make a loan payment with a Visa credit card after July 31, 2017?
If you try to make a loan payment with a Visa credit card after July 31, the transaction will be declined and it may result in a late payment.
What should I do if my loan payments are automatically set up with a Visa credit card?
If you have automatic loan payments set up with a Visa credit card, please make sure to change the payment type before the card is charged. As of July 31, the transaction will be declined and it may result in a late payment.
What alternate payment methods can I use to make my loan payments?
If you usually pay for your loan or debt payment with a Visa credit card, you will need to choose a new payment option to avoid late charges or declined transactions.
Here are some alternative payment methods:
- ACH autopay set up through Suncoast
- Automatic payments from Suncoast checking or savings account(s)
- Transfers from Suncoast checking or saving account(s) via SunTel, SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app
- Pay in-person at a branch
- Pay by mail
- Pay over the phone by calling the Member Care Center at 800.999.5887
- Bill pay through another financial institution
Stop Payment Deletion
How can I reorder checks?
Login to your SunNet account. If you are on the Home page, click the Accounts tile, then hover over the Accounts side menu and click Check Reorder. From any other page, hover over the Accounts side menu and click Check Reorder. Please allow 10-15 business days for the arrival of your checks.
Call a representative in the Members Contact Center at 800-999-5887 extension 87500 to process your specialized request. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. You may contact Harland Clarke (Liberty) directly at 1-877-585-8777 (Spanish: 1-866-928-6001).
Is there a cost to order checks?
It depends. New members opening a Choice 55 Checking will receive a complimentary box of Suncoast-exclusive style checks at account opening. Existing Choice 55 Checking members are eligible for one free box of Suncoast exclusive style checks per year.
Checks for all other checking accounts are available for purchase.
What do I do if I get a check made out to multiple payees?
If you get a check that is made out to more than one payee, all parties need to endorse the check before it can be deposited.
For example, you might get an insurance check after hurricanes or other disasters. These checks could include multiple names and even your financial institution or mortgage company as payees. In this case, you would need to get your financial institution or mortgage company to endorse your check along with the people listed on the check.
You can bring the check to your financial institution to get an endorsement. Contact your mortgage company directly to learn the best way to get their endorsement on your check.
Do you offer coin processing services?
Yes, we offer coin processing! For members, there is a service charge of 5% on coin totals over $100. Non-members pay a fee of 10% of the coin total. Rolled coins are not accepted.
Do you offer notary services?
Yes, we offer free notary services to all of our members at any of our service centers. For your convenience, below is the list of documents and services that are not available to be notarized due to credit union policy.
- Mortgage closing packages from other financial institutions. (Please note: A single document such as a properly completed one- or two-page Mortgage Modification can be notarized.)
- The execution of a will or trust. (Healthcare or estate planning governing documents of any kind, including living wills, amendments, codicils, restatements, modifications and revocations, cannot be notarized.)
- Power of Attorney (POA) documents. (The only document we may notarize in connection with a POA is our POA affidavit we require prior to allowing an agent to use a POA.)
- Separation or Dissolution of Marriage agreements or related affidavits
- Solemnizing marriages
- USCIS Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
View a list of Notary Prohibited Acts established by the State of Florida.
Safe Deposit Boxes
What fees are associated with safe deposit boxes?
3 x 5
$24 per year
3 x 10
$36 per year
5 x 10
$60 per year
Lost Key Fee: $20
Box Drill Fee: $125
Late Rent Fee: $10 (after 30 days)
What do I need to know about my safe deposit box?
- Rent is paid by automatic transfer from regular share, share draft or money market accounts annually on the rental anniversary. Rent is past due after 30 days.
- Surrendering your box must be done in person by you or other owner of the box. If you surrender your box there is no refund of annual rent.
- If you choose to remove a joint owner you must surrender your box (with no refund of annual rent) and contract for a new box, if available.
- If you choose to change the size of your box after initial rental, there is no refund of annual rent.
- Safe deposit boxes are rented to primary members (subject to qualification).
- You may access your box only during regular business hours. There may be times when you will have to wait for a certified attendant to assist you.
- A record is updated each time you access your box. We will ask for valid identification, even if we know you.
- You should not have your keys duplicated. A duplicate or damaged key can ruin the lock.
- You should never open your box lid in the vault area — only in the provided booth.
- Should the Credit Union assist you, the Credit Union assumes no liability for such assistance.
- Storage of weapons, narcotics, explosives or perishable goods in your box is not permitted.
- Your box cannot be transferred or reassigned.
- Your box is fire and water-resistant.
Box Locations. Safe deposit boxes (sizes: 3x5, 3x10, 5x10) are currently located at the following Service Centers:
- # 51 - Crystal River Service Center, 517 NE 5th St., Crystal River, FL 34429
- # 21 - Dade City Service Center, 12510 US Highway 301, Dade City, FL 33525
- # 50 - East Manatee Service Center, 8700 East SR 70, Bradenton, FL 34202
- # 16 - Fort Myers - Matthew Drive Service Center, 1533 Matthew Dr., Ft Myers, FL 33907
- # 42 - Golden Gate Service Center, 7465 Vanderbilt Beach Rd., Naples, FL 34119
- # 52 - Hillsborough Avenue Service Center, 6804 East Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, FL 33610
- # 43 - Land O Lakes Service Center, 1837 Collier Pkwy., Lutz, FL 33549
- # 24 - Lehigh Acres Service Center, 226 Beth Stacey Blvd., Lehigh, FL 33936
- # 15 - Port Charlotte Service Center, 19501 Cochran Blvd., Port Charlotte, FL 33948
- # 22 - Spring Hill Service Center, 4176 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34609
Members may also contact the Service Center for availability of boxes. Safe deposit boxes are rented to primary members in good standing. Learn more about safe deposit box fees.
Does Suncoast accept pre-authorized credit card payments via ACH from other banking institutions?
Yes. Members will need to complete the Pre-Authorized Payment Form and should also supply Suncoast the following items for the account being debited:
- A voided check from checking account OR
- A deposit slip from savings account.
Please forward the completed form to the Credit Card Department:
Suncoast Credit Union
ATTN:Credit Card Department
6801 E. Hillsborough Avenue
P.O. Box #11904
Tampa, Florida 33680
Members may also submit forms to their local service center.
Other ACH Forms:
Agreement for Pre-Authorization Payments (From Another Institution)
Agreement for Pre-Authorization Payments (From Suncoast Credit Union Accounts)
Can I transfer funds to my account at another Financial Institution via SunNet?
With Online ACH Funds Transfer, you can send money to your own accounts at any bank or credit union in the United States. Funds will be debited same day from your Suncoast account when the transfer is set up. Funds are typically available in your external account within 3 – 5 business days.
What is the process if I have received an ACH withdrawal in error?
If you have received an ACH withdrawal in error, we recommend direct contact with the company to request a refund. If the company is unable to issue a refund, or if you are unable to contact the company, a dispute may be initiated in SunNet by clicking the envelope icon next to the transaction in History and choosing the Dispute option. If you do not have access to SunNet, please call our Members Contact Center at 1-800-999-5887 extension 87500 to dispute the charge in question or place a Stop Payment if you are concerned that the item might present again. The Members Contact Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What is the AD&D insurance? I don’t recognize the AD&D Insurance withdrawal.
The ACH transaction that posted as AD&D800-860-7182 INSPRE is Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance offered through Affinion Benefits Group. If you have any questions, concerns, or change requests, please contact an insurance representative to review your policy at 800-252-2148 or 800-860-7182.
I plan on taking a trip soon. Do I need to notify Suncoast?
Yes. Unexpected card use outside of your normal area or overseas can cause your card to be temporarily blocked until we confirm with you that the use is valid. We have implemented a monitoring system to help guard your credit cards and debit cards against fraudulent activity.
If you’re planning any travel in the near future, please complete the Travel Notification through SunNet Online Banking or the Suncoast Mobile app. You may also let us know of your travel plans by calling 1-800-999-5887.
Government Offices for Federal Deposit Benefits
Card Services (ATM cards and debit cards)
Does my ATM card or VISA debit card expire?
Your ATM card or VISA debit card will expire at 6 months due to non-usage. The card cannot be reactivated. Please call the Members Contact Center at 800-999-5887 or visit a service center to order a new card.
What should I do if I received a check card charge in error?
If you have received a check card charge in error, we recommend direct contact with the company to request a refund. If the company is unable to issue a refund, or if you are unable to contact the company, a dispute may be initiated in SunNet by clicking the envelope icon next to the transaction in History and choosing the Dispute option. If you do not have access to SunNet, you can obtain a Cardholder Dispute Form located here. The form can be mailed to SCU, ATTN: RES001, P.O. Box 11904, Tampa, FL 33680. The form can also be faxed to 813-628-6513. If completing the Fraudulent Transactions section, we recommend the form be notarized and submitted by mail or in person. The card will be subject to cancellation upon receipt of this form in our office.
What can I do with my scorecard reward point? Where can I redeem my scorecard reward points?
Each month you will receive a point summary on your account statement. Points can be redeemed at scorecardrewards.com. For easy access the ScoreCard Rewards website, log into SunNet Online Banking, go to the Account Summary section, click the "View Details" next to the corresponding checking account, and then click "View ScoreCard Rewards." If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call ScoreCard Rewards 800-854-0790.
How do I report lost or stolen cards?
Report Lost & Stolen Cards
Credit Cards: call 800-645-7728 or 800-325-3678
Consumer Debit Card: call 844-688-4725
Business Debit Card: call 844-688-4724
ATM Card: call 844-688-4725
How do I stay safe while using an ATM?
- Stay aware of your surroundings, especially at night
- Don’t use an ATM if you observe any suspicious persons or circumstances
- Have your ATM card ready in your hand as you approach the ATM
- Use your other hand or body to shield the keyboard so no one can see you enter your PIN
- Always take your receipts with you to keep your account information confidential
- Put your money into your pocket or purse immediately; do not count or display any money you received from the ATM until you are somewhere private
- If you’re using a drive-up ATM, roll up all passenger windows and lock all doors
- If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, park somewhere close and lock your car behind you
How can I tell if an ATM has been compromised with a skimming device?
You should always visually inspect an ATM for possible skimming devices before you use it. Potential indicators can include:
- Sticky residue or evidence of an adhesive used to affix the device to the ATM
- Scratched, damaged or crooked ATM parts
- Loose or extra attachments on the ATM’s card slot
- Noticeable resistance when pressing the ATM keypad
If you notice any of these things, do not use the ATM and notify your financial institution.
Should I take any special precautions for when using an ATM at night?
While it’s important to stay alert every time you use an ATM, there are some extra things you can do to remain safe at night:
- Park in a well-lit area close to the ATM
- Don’t use an ATM if the lights at the ATM are not working
- Take another person with you when possible
- If your view of the ATM or its surrounding area is blocked by overgrown shrubbery, a tree or any other object, select another ATM and notify your financial institution