If you suspect that there is a fraudulant transaction on your account, you can dispute the transaction using SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app.
To dispute a transaction using SunNet Online Banking, go to your account, find the suspicious transaction, click on the envelope icon next to it, and follow the prompts.
To dispute a transaction using the SunMobile app, go to your account, find the suspicious transaction, click on the arrow icon next to it, click the “Dispute” button, and follow the prompts.
If you misplace your credit or debit card, use Card Lock to temporarily lock your card and protect your funds.
- Login to SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile App
- Choose “Manage My Cards”
- All of your debit and/or credit cards will display, and you can lock or unlock each card as needed
If you need to use your credit or debit card while traveling outside of your normal area, set a travel notification to prevent your card from being temporarily blocked by fraud prevention.
Set travel notifications in the Cards section of the SunMobile app or SunNet Online Banking. You may also submit travel notifications in your nearest Suncoast branch or by phone at (800) 999-5887.
Travel notifications should be set at least 3 days prior to going out of town to avoid the inconvenience of a blocked card while traveling.
- Create strong passwords with a combination of capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Never reuse the same password or use easy to guess personal information as a password.
- Learn the warning signs of a phishing email to help keep your private information safe.
- Learn how tax scams work and how to protect yourself. Many scams have the same basic pattern. They use trickery to get you to share personal data or pay money based on a false threat or promise.
- Take time to make sure that every family member is protected with security software, preferably set up so that it updates automatically.
- Make sure that your kids, spouse or senior relatives all know how to avoid becoming a victim of online scams.
- Even after your family learns how to stay safe online, don’t let your guard down. New scams are created all the time, so keep up-to-date on the latest threats.
Check out the Safety & Protection section of our blog for more ways to keep yourself protected!
For more information about Suncoast’s fraud prevention measures, go to our frequently asked questions page.
IRS Tax Scams
and Consumer Alerts
Stay up to date on tax scams or another forms of fraud.
FTC Scam List
Learn about FTC alerts for recent scams and how to recognize the warning signs.
If you have been a victim of fraud or have had your data compromised, you can put a free fraud alert on your credit report.
Find all of the Suncoast phone numbers that you may need.
File Internet crime complaints online and see the latest consumer alerts.