Planning for your special day doesn’t have to be a hassle! For Suncoast members, you can use our SunMoney budgeting tools to create and manage your wedding budget for free through SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app
The first step is to sit down with your significant other and figure out your wedding budget. Once you know the approximate budget that you’re working with, you can use SunMoney to stay on target for your financial goals.
Getting Started with SunMoney
If you already use SunMoney to manage your everyday budget, you’re ahead of the game! You can skip ahead to setting up your wedding budget.
If you’re new to SunMoney or it’s been a while since you’ve used it, here’s how to get started:
- Log in to SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app and click on “Budgeting Tools”
- If it is your first time using SunMoney, you’ll have to read the disclosure and click “I Agree/Enroll”
- Once you’re logged in, SunMoney will automatically pull in all of your Suncoast accounts
- You can add accounts from other financial institutions as well to have a full picture of your finances
Set Up Your Wedding Budget
SunMoney makes it easy to set up your wedding budget!
- Click on “Goals” in the top navigation menu
- Choose “Save for a Wedding”
- If you want, you can change the name of your goal to personalize your plan
- Choose which account you will use to save, the amount you need to save and whether you want to apply the entire balance to your goal or keep a certain amount in the account
- Choose whether you want to complete your goal by a specific date or if you’d rather save a specific amount per month
- Set up notifications to your preferred area of contact so you can stay informed with how your goal is tracking
- If you chose a specific date to complete your goal by, your goal summary will let you know how much you need to save each month to reach your goal
- If you chose a specific dollar amount to save per month, your goal summary will let you know how long it will take to reach your goal
- Click “Create Savings Goal” to save your goal
Manage Your Wedding Budget
Once you have your goal set up, you can begin managing it.
- Click on “Goals” to see a snapshot of how your goal is tracking
- You can also see the goal from the “Dashboard” if you set it up to appear
- If you want to edit the goal, click on the little widget symbol to make changes
It’s that simple! If you want to go further with tracking your money to make sure you make your goal, you can click on “Budget” and track your spending in different categories.
For example, if you notice that you spend $400 a month on groceries, perhaps you have an opportunity to move some of that money toward your wedding goal. You can create a monthly grocery limit to cut that number down.
So if you set a $300 limit per month for groceries and set up alerts, you can keep yourself on track without overspending. Then you can use the $100 per month that you’ve saved and put it into your wedding account!
Your wedding will be a beautiful day. And thanks to your budget, you can enjoy the process without unnecessary stress.