A wrecked vehicle can wreck your finances if you owe more on your loan than your auto insurance will pay.
If an accident happens or your car breaks down, the last thing you’ll need is more to worry about. We can help you get through stressful times with Guaranteed Asset Protection and Mechanical Repair Coverage.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Plus
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is like an airbag for your vehicle loan. It can reduce or eliminate the gap between what your vehicle insurance will pay and what you owe on your loan, to cushion you against sudden out-of-pocket expenses if your vehicle is totaled.
Without GAP, you could face paying thousands of dollars out of pocket on a lost or totaled vehicle. GAP can help so that you don’t have to worry about paying for your vehicle after an accident.
GAP can either be added onto your approved loan or paid in full at any time during the life of the loan. It’s available for cars, light trucks, motorcycles, jet skis, snowmobiles and ATVs.
The benefits may include:
- Protection for the term of your loan up to
- Maximum Protected Loan Amount up to $100,000
- Maximum Benefit up to $50,000
- Primary Insurance deductible protection up to $1,000
- GAP Plus also offers $1,000 toward your new loan if you use Suncoast to finance your new vehicle
Your purchase of MEMBER’S CHOICE™ Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement you have with us. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. You will receive the contract before you are required to pay for GAP. You should carefully read the contract for a full explanation of the terms. If you choose GAP, adding the GAP fee to your loan amount will increase the cost of GAP. You may cancel GAP at any time. If you cancel GAP within 90 days you will receive a full refund of any fee paid. GAP purchased from state chartered credit unions in FL, GA, IA, RI, UT, VT, and WI, may be with or without a refund provision. Prices of the refundable and non-refundable products are likely to differ. If you choose a refundable product, you may cancel at any time during the loan and receive a refund of the unearned fee.
Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)
MRC can help deflect some of those costly covered repairs while keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With various coverage levels and deductibles to choose from, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Coverage benefits could include:
- Rental reimbursement up to $35/day for 5 days (up to an additional 5 days with verified parts delay) from day one
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance & lockout service.
- Travel expense reimbursement up to $200 per day for 1-5 days for food, lodging & transportation expense, when a covered breakdown occurs 100 miles or more from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- No out of pocket expense except for any deductible. Plan pays the repair facility.
- Transferable to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Peace of mind knowing that covered repairs are covered
Platinum Plus provides mechanical breakdown coverage plus covers additional parts typically excluded from the manufacturer’s warranty. The ultimate peace-of-mind protection, Platinum Plus provides coverage for any covered breakdown of your vehicle plus all these additional items should they become worn:
One (1) replacement set of front and/or rear brake pads. Brake rotors may be replaced in conjunction with the replacement of brake pads.
One (1) battery replacement.
Unlimited replacement of the headlamp bulbs.
BELTS AND HOSES
Replacement of the engine belts and hoses.
WINDSHIELD WIPER BLADES
One (1) replacement set of windshield wiper blades and/or inserts.
Unlimited coverage of fuses, interior and exterior light bulbs.
One (1) wheel alignment
For more information about GAP or Mechanical Repair Coverage, call the Member Care Center at 800.999.5887.
Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., in FL, LA , and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051), all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Illinois 60604, 800.752.6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MBIP 08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. Coverage varies by state. Replacement parts may be used or remanufactured. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy, which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product.