About the Suncoast Foundation
Suncoast Credit Union is proud to have founded the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to benefit sick children and their families and to support educational initiatives. The foundation is a vehicle for Suncoast to support the communities we serve and help the people who live here. Since its inception in 1990, the Foundation has raised and donated over $40 million to help provide a better future for the children of our community.
- The Suncoast Credit Union Foundation is sponsored entirely by the credit union
- Each time a member uses a Suncoast debit or credit card for a purchase, we donate two cents to the Foundation to fund local initiatives
- One hundred percent of the funds are contributed to organizations and initiatives that assist children in the communities Suncoast serves
- Suncoast Credit Union provided over $40 million in funding for the Foundation through this program
Apply for a Grant — Now Paperless!
In order to apply for the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation Grant Program, you must meet the following criteria:
Funding focus must be consistent with the mission of Suncoast Credit Union Foundation.
"The mission of the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation is to promote the education, health and emotional well-being of children in our communities"
- Grant requests must demonstrate ability to meet needs and have specific goals with measurable results.
- Recipients of Suncoast Credit Union Foundation funding must be:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have been in existence for at least two years
- In compliance with anti-discrimination laws at the Local, State and Federal level
- Located within the counties served by Suncoast Credit Union
- Suncoast Credit Union Foundation does not fund:
- Endowment campaigns
- Individuals or individual projects
- Religious Organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Reduction or liquidation of debt
The Grant Committee meets six times per year. Application deadlines are: January 1, March 1, May 1, July 1, September 1 or November 1 for consideration during that month.
Since 1990, the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation has provided scholarships totaling more than $2.9 million to students pursuing higher education. Scholarships are available to high school seniors who reside in the counties served by the credit union, who demonstrate a need for financial assistance, possess leadership abilities and achieve high academic performance.