Suncoast Credit Union Foundation
Suncoast Credit Union is proud to have founded the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to benefit sick children and their families and to support educational initiatives. The foundation is a vehicle for Suncoast to support the communities we serve and help the people who live here. Since its inception in 1990, the Foundation has raised and donated over $22 million to help provide a better future for the children of our community.
See How Pennies Add Up
- The Suncoast Credit Union Foundation is sponsored entirely by the credit union
- Each time a member uses a Suncoast debit or credit card for a purchase, we donate two cents to the Foundation to fund local initiatives
- One hundred percent of the funds are contributed to organizations and initiatives that assist children in the communities Suncoast serves
- Suncoast Credit Union provided over $22 million in funding for the Foundation through this program
Apply for a Grant — Now Paperless!
In order to apply for the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation Grant Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Funding focus must be consistent with the mission of Suncoast Credit Union Foundation.
- Grant requests must demonstrate ability to meet needs and have specific goals with measurable results.
- Recipients of Suncoast Credit Union Foundation funding must be:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have been in existence for at least 2 years,
- In compliance with anti-discrimination laws at the Local, State and Federal level,
- Located within the 21 counties served by Suncoast Credit Union.
- Suncoast Credit Union Foundation does not fund
- Endowment campaigns
- Individuals or individual projects
- Religious Organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Reduction or liquidation of debt
The Suncoast Credit Union Foundation Advisory Committee meets bi-monthly to review grant requests. Applications must be submitted by the following dates for consideration during that period: January 1, March 1, May 1, July 1, September 1, and November 1.
Apply for a Grant
Since 1990, the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation has provided more than 600 scholarships totaling more than $1.2 million to students pursuing higher education. Scholarships are available to high school seniors who reside in the 21 counties served by the credit union, who demonstrate a need for financial assistance, possess leadership abilities and achieve high academic performance.
Learn more about Suncoast Scholarships
Learn more about how the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation helps your local community