We’re Here For You: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Members
At Suncoast Credit Union, our priority is to support our members during difficult times. Our team remains as focused as ever on serving your financial needs.
We are continuing to monitor the latest recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), federal, state, and local agencies.
Local Branch Information Related to COVID-19
The health and safety of our members and staff are top priorities. When we learn of confirmed cases in our branches, we follow CDC guidelines, inform team members and conduct extensive cleaning and sanitizing of the affected facilities to minimize any risk of surface transmission. Learn more about locations and dates of confirmed coronavirus cases in our branches.
What to Expect In Our Lobbies
Suncoast will continue to keep our members and staff safe by following CDC guidelines, including:
- Monitoring by Suncoast staff to limit the number of members allowed inside the branch at one time
- Providing staff with personal protection equipment (PPE) including sneeze guards, visor face shields and social distancing markers
- Requesting members be respectful of these precautions and be mindful of 6-foot social distancing while waiting for services, both inside and outside our service centers
Masks are required when entering a branch lobby. If you have a fever or other symptoms, please do not seek service in a branch. You can use or drive-thrus, ITMs, ATMs or digital banking options to safely complete your transactions.
Our Walmart Port Charlotte branch lobby remains temporarily closed. You can still access teller services through our ITM technology at this location. Or please visit nearby Port Charlotte or Charlotte Harbor service centers.
SEE BRANCH LOCATIONS
Stay Safe From Scams
A variety of scams are on the rise with the coronavirus (COVID-19). There are phishing emails designed to look like they’re from a legitimate source, but they contain malicious links. Fake stimulus websites have been created that pretend to offer grants while they steal personal information or money from innocent people. New scams are being added all the time, so learn how to protect yourself with our COVID-19 scam resources.
Learn to Protect Yourself From COVID-19 Scams
Help for Members
We remain committed to being here for and supporting our members.
- Help with Suncoast Mortgage Loans – Call the Mortgage Call Center at 800-999-5887 ext. 86388
- Auto Loan and Personal Loan Extensions – Request a 30, 60 or 90-day extension.
- To avoid long waits due to increased call volume to our Member Care Center, you can submit loan extension requests through SunNet Online Banking. From the Account Page, select Details for the specific loan, then select Loan Services and follow the prompts.
Resources for Small Businesses
Visit our small business resources page for information about government resources available to small businesses, including the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program loan, Florida Business Disaster Loan and the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Relief Loan.
Suncoast COVID-19 Small Business Resources
Federal Government Stimulus Check Information
Here’s what you need to know about economic impact payments:
- Suncoast members began receiving direct deposits from the IRS into their accounts starting April 15, 2020
- No action is needed for most people, including members who receive Social Security payments
- Check your account using SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app to see if your funds have arrived
- You can also check the status of your funds on the IRS website’s “Get My Payment” portal
- If you do not have direct deposit set up from your 2019 or 2018 tax returns, you can use the IRS portal to set up your direct deposit to receive your stimulus funds as soon as possible
- The IRS is expected to begin to mailing paper checks in May
- Availability of full funds on paper checks may experience minor delays. Please be patient as we actively work to minimize these delays.
- Read our blog post to learn what you need to know about the CARES Act
Please visit the IRS website and check back often for the latest information about economic impact payments.
Visit the IRS Website
Digital Banking is Available 24/7
As a member, you have access to all of your accounts without needing to visit a branch through SunNet Online Banking and the SunMobile app.
If digital banking is new to you, this is a good time to set up direct deposit of your paychecks, recurring deposits or automatic bill pay. These services make the day-to-day managing of your money easier and more efficient, while we remain focused on maintaining your financial wellness.
learn more about digital banking
For updates on the coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or World Health Organization (WHO).
Visit CDC Visit WHO
*Minimum credit or risk score required.