We’re Here For You: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Members
At Suncoast Credit Union, our priority is to support our members during difficult times. We are monitoring the latest recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), federal, state, and local agencies.
Stay Safe From Scams
A variety of scams are on the rise with the coronavirus (COVID-19). There are phishing emails designed to look like they’re from a legitimate source, but they contain malicious links. Fake stimulus websites have been created that pretend to offer grants while they steal personal information or money from innocent people. New scams are being added all the time, so learn how to protect yourself with our COVID-19 scam resources.
Learn to Protect Yourself From COVID-19 Scams
Branch Lobby Closures – Safer-at-Home Orders
The entire state of Florida is under a safer-at-home order to help reduce and/or stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). To support these efforts, all Suncoast branches are temporarily offering drive-thru services (traditional and ITM) and walk-up ITM only, until further notice.
see branch lobby closings
The following special services/programs are available to members for a limited time:
- Waived fees for using non-Suncoast ATMs
- Waived fees for overdrafts and Courtesy Pay
- Waived fees for returned checks
- Waived penalties for CD early withdrawal
- Credit Card Skip-A-Payment
- For qualifying card accounts, April’s statement for payment due in May will reflect a zero minimum amount due for qualifying accounts.
- Interest continues to accrue; delinquent accounts ineligible, a message on your statement will indicate eligibility
- No action is necessary to take advantage of this service; no minimum payment will be due
- Help with Suncoast Mortgage Loans – Call the Mortgage Call Center at 800-999-5887 ext. 86388
- Lifeline Loan – Providing emergency funds to those in need due to coronavirus COVID-19
- Apply on SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile App by visiting the Loan Center
- Loan amounts up to $4,000
- Maximum terms up to 60 months
- 4.0% APR
- No payments for first 90 days
- Only one Lifeline Loan per membership; other restrictions may apply
- Auto Loan and Personal Loan Extensions – Request a 30, 60 or 90-day extension
How to Request Loan Extensions
Members calling our Member Care Center for questions related to loans and loan extensions are experiencing significantly longer wait times. You can avoid waiting on hold by making requests through SunNet Online Banking.
If you have concerns related to your ability to make payments to your current auto loan, personal loan or personal line of credit, you may request an extension directly through SunNet Online Banking. Here’s how:
From the Account Page, just select Details for the specific loan, then select Loan Services to request an extension, and follow the prompts from there.
Resources for Small Businesses
If you’re a Suncoast business member and need information about payment relief, please call us at 1-800-999-5887, ext. 89046. Leave a message with your question and contact information and a member of our business team will call back within 24 hours.
Visit our small business resources page for information about government resources available to small businesses, including the Florida Business Disaster Loan, the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Relief Loan and the Paycheck Protection Program or “CARES Act” from the Small Business Administration.
Suncoast COVID-19 Small Business Resources
Digital Banking is Available 24/7
As a member, you have access to all of your accounts without needing to visit a branch through SunNet Online Banking and the SunMobile app.
If digital banking is new to you, this is a good time to set up direct deposit of your paychecks, recurring deposits or automatic bill pay. These services make the day-to-day managing of your money easier and more efficient, while we remain focused on maintaining your financial wellness.
learn more about digital banking
Suncoast Annual Meeting is Postponed
As Suncoast does our part to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), our annual meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2020 has been postponed.
Members will be notified of the new meeting date 30 days prior to the meeting.
Message from Our President/CEO
We understand that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting our daily lives in unexpected ways. Please be assured that we have a comprehensive plan in place to provide uninterrupted access to your funds now, and in the event the coronavirus (COVID-19) progresses.
Suncoast remains as focused as ever on serving your financial needs. We are in this together to contain the spread of the virus and take care of our communities. Thank you for trusting Suncoast with your financial needs.
President/Chief Executive Officer
For updates on the coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or World Health Organization (WHO).
Visit CDC Visit WHO
*Minimum credit or risk score required.