We’re Here For You: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Members
At Suncoast Credit Union, our priority is to support our members during difficult times. We are monitoring the latest recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), federal, state, and local agencies.
Safer-at-Home Order Lifted
The safer-at-home order has been lifted for the state of Florida. As an essential business in our economy’s infrastructure, our goal at Suncoast is to act with an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our members and Suncoast team. We continue to provide service to members using drive-thrus, drive-thru ITMs and ATMs, our Member Care Center and with SunNet Online Banking and the SunMobile app. We are following Phase 1 of the State of Florida government directive and planning to re-open our lobbies for limited, non-cash services.
See branch lobby openings
Stay Safe From Scams
A variety of scams are on the rise with the coronavirus (COVID-19). There are phishing emails designed to look like they’re from a legitimate source, but they contain malicious links. Fake stimulus websites have been created that pretend to offer grants while they steal personal information or money from innocent people. New scams are being added all the time, so learn how to protect yourself with our COVID-19 scam resources.
Learn to Protect Yourself From COVID-19 Scams
Federal Government Stimulus Check Information
Here’s what you need to know about economic impact payments:
- Suncoast members are expected to begin receiving direct deposits from the IRS into their accounts beginning April 15, 2020
- No action is needed for most people, including members who receive Social Security payments
- Check your account using SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app to see if your funds have arrived
- You can also check the status of your funds on the IRS website’s “Get My Payment” portal
- If you do not have direct deposit set up from your 2019 or 2018 tax returns, you can use the IRS portal to set up your direct deposit to receive your stimulus funds as soon as possible
- The IRS is expected to begin to mailing paper checks in May
- Availability of full funds on paper checks may experience minor delays. Please be patient as we actively work to minimize these delays.
- Read our blog post to learn what you need to know about the CARES Act
Please visit the IRS website and check back often for the latest information about economic impact payments.
Visit the IRS Website
The following special services/programs are available to members for a limited time:
- Waived fees and/or penalties for:
- Using non-Suncoast ATMs, Overdrafts and Courtesy Pay, Returned checks, CD early withdrawal
- Credit Card Skip-A-Payment
- For qualifying card accounts, April’s statement for payment due in May will reflect a zero minimum amount due for qualifying accounts.
- Interest continues to accrue; delinquent accounts ineligible, a message on your statement will indicate eligibility
- No action is necessary to take advantage of this service; no minimum payment will be due
- Help with Suncoast Mortgage Loans – Call the Mortgage Call Center at 800-999-5887 ext. 86388
- Lifeline Loan – Providing emergency funds to those in need due to coronavirus COVID-19
- Apply on SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile App by visiting the Loan Center
- Loan amounts up to $4,000
- Maximum terms up to 60 months
- 4.0% APR
- No payments for first 90 days
- Only one Lifeline Loan per membership; other restrictions may apply
- Auto Loan and Personal Loan Extensions – Request a 30, 60 or 90-day extension.
- To avoid long waits due to increased call volume to our Member Care Center, you can submit loan extension requests through SunNet Online Banking. From the Account Page, select Details for the specific loan, then select Loan Services and follow the prompts.
Resources for Small Businesses
Visit our small business resources page for information about government resources available to small businesses, including the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program loan, Florida Business Disaster Loan and the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Relief Loan.
Suncoast COVID-19 Small Business Resources
Message from Our President/CEO
We understand that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting our daily lives in unexpected ways. Please be assured that we have a comprehensive plan in place to provide uninterrupted access to your funds now, and in the event the coronavirus (COVID-19) progresses.
Suncoast remains as focused as ever on serving your financial needs. We are in this together to contain the spread of the virus and take care of our communities. Thank you for trusting Suncoast with your financial needs.
President/Chief Executive Officer
Digital Banking is Available 24/7
As a member, you have access to all of your accounts without needing to visit a branch through SunNet Online Banking and the SunMobile app.
If digital banking is new to you, this is a good time to set up direct deposit of your paychecks, recurring deposits or automatic bill pay. These services make the day-to-day managing of your money easier and more efficient, while we remain focused on maintaining your financial wellness.
learn more about digital banking
Suncoast Annual Meeting is Postponed
As Suncoast does our part to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), our annual meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2020 has been postponed.
Members will be notified of the new meeting date 30 days prior to the meeting.
For updates on the coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or World Health Organization (WHO).
Visit CDC Visit WHO
*Minimum credit or risk score required.