Take Your Retirement Earnings to New Heights with 5.25% APY*
Want to make the most of your money, fast? It’s simple! Take advantage of our special offer to earn an incredible 5.25% APY* with a 12-month IRA certificate or 4.25% APY* with a 6-month!
Start Earning More on Each Dollar You Bring to Suncoast!
No need to wait years for your money to grow! Bring your money to Suncoast and watch your earnings soar in a short period of time with these incredible rates on IRA certificates.
VISIT A BRANCH TODAY TO OPEN YOUR NEW ACCOUNT AND WATCH YOUR SAVINGS SKYROCKET!
Choose a Product:
Fixed or Variable
Annual Percentage Yield
IRA/Roth/SEP Certificate 6 Month Term
IRA/Roth/SEP Certificate 12 Month Term
- Higher dividend rates, higher earnings, easy automatic savings.
- Terms to fit your financial needs.
- Types of Share Certificates available: Retirement: IRA/Roth/SEP
- Initial deposit and minimum balance of $500 is required.
- Suncoast members may open a new IRA Certificate by visiting a service center or calling our Member Care Center at 800.999.5887.
- Penalty will or may be imposed for early withdrawal with no loss of initial investment.
- Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- APY determined at time of funding.
- For members age 59-1/2 years or older a one-time per 12-months opportunity to step up your CD interest rate are higher.
Follow the Steps Below to Get Started
Looking to optimize your earnings with funds you have at other financial institutions? Bring your money to Suncoast and watch your earnings soar to new heights!
Ready to maximize your savings? Before you get started, all you have to do is become a Suncoast member. A minimum $5 deposit into a share savings account is all it takes to start your membership.
Benefits of IRA Certificates
A Suncoast IRA is a type of retirement savings account that offers tax advantages and the safety of a fixed rate. The two most common accounts are traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs.
- High yield
- Fixed rates
- Guaranteed returns
- Automatic renewal
- Helps short- or long-term goals
- Traditional, Roth, and SEP IRAs available
- Only $500 opening deposit required
- Transfer funds from another financial institution to open your account
- For members age 59-1/2 years or older a one-time per 12-months opportunity to step up your CD interest rate if current rates are higher.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the simplest options for opening a IRA certificate account:
- Transfer your existing IRA to Suncoast Credit Union
- Directly rollover funds from a retirement plan, such as a 401(k)
For IRA certificates, APY stands for annual percentage yield. It indicates how much you will earn on deposits over a year. So, it’s similar to an APR (annual percentage rate) on a loan, but you earn money instead of owe money!
IRA certificates are offered for a set time period, called a term. When you choose an IRA certificate, you keep your money in the account for the entire time period or you may be penalized.
IRA certificates may require a specific initial deposit and a minimum balance, and longer terms tend to have higher dividend rates.
The penalty amount is based on the term of the certificate. For terms of 6 and 12 months, the penalty is typically 90 days of dividends. For terms of 18 months or greater, the penalty is typically 180 days of dividends.
Penalties are only assessed on the amount withdrawn. If the withdrawn amount is below the required minimum balance, the IRA certificate must be closed.
View CD rates & disclosures for complete details.
Yes! You will receive a secure message in SunNet and/or get a maturation notification in the mail.
No, you cannot add additional funds to an established certificate. However, you can always open a new certificate online or in person with terms and rates that work for you.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 9/1/2023. Rates subject to change without notice. 4.25% APY is only available on the 6-month and 5.25% APY is only available for 12-month terms. Membership qualification and account opening required. View CD rates & disclosures for complete details.