Switching to a Suncoast Checking Account
Skip the long forms, confusion and hassle when switching your checking account!
- Student Checking
- Debit Cards
- Switching Accounts
- Direct Deposit
- Overdraft Protection
- Order New Checks
- Mobile & Online Banking
Select a Service:
Just the idea of switching checking accounts can be intimidating, but we’ve made the transition as painless as possible.
- Become a Suncoast member and open a Smart Checking account.
- Tell us what you need in your checking account, and we’ll get the features all set up.
- Close out your old account, using our Account Closing Request Form — it’ll make the transaction easier with your former financial institution. Make sure to verify that all outstanding transactions on your old account have cleared and direct deposits have been transferred prior to closing your old account.
We’ve made it easy to check your eligibility. Just answer the questions on our Membership Eligibility page to join more than half a million members already enjoying the Suncoast difference— you can open your membership account online or walk-in to one of our convenient branch locations.
Already a Member? You can open a checking account using SunNet Online Banking or the SunMobile app in just a few minutes! Follow the prompts and you’ll have your new checking account ready to go in a snap!
You can also visit a local branch to open a checking account or call 800-999-5887.
Choose a Product:
Fixed or Variable
Annual Percentage Rate
Term in Months
Smart Checking $0
Term in Months
- $5 opening deposit required when opening online only.
- Convenient mobile apps (iOS & Android) for online banking and check depositing while on-the-go.
- Each time you use your debit card for a purchase, Suncoast donates money to benefit local schools.
- Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- Free online banking, bill pay and mobile banking
- Free ATM access at Suncoast ATMs, Publix Presto ATMs, McDonald’s® ATMs in select counties1 and tens of thousands more through the CO-OP Network
- No monthly service fees, no activation fees, no ATM fees from Suncoast ATMs, Publix Presto ATMs or within the CO-OP Network. Please note that should you overdraw your account, there is a fee for insufficient funds that are both Paid Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) and/or Check/ACH debit return unpaid Items. See Fee Schedule for details.
- Direct deposit and payroll deduction
- Effective March 22, 2018, complimentary Suncoast exclusive style checks (for new accounts and one box per year for existing accounts) will only be available for members ages 55 and up.
- eStatements and combined account statements, also available in Spanish
- Free images of cleared checks (up to 90-day account history)
- Visa Account Updater (VAU), which will automatically update your cardholder data with participating merchants when your card information changes, including recurring payments and card-on-file relationships. If you wish to opt-out of Visa Account Updater, you may do one of the following:
- Call our Member Care Center: 813-621-7511 or 800-999-5887
- Visit your local branch
- Mail written request to: Suncoast Credit Union, ATM001, PO Box 11904, Tampa, FL 33680
Perks for Local Schools
With Smart Checking™, you'll get the free Suncoast Debit Card that rewards the community each time you use it.
Every time you make a purchase with your debit card, Suncoast donates two cents to the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization established to help children in the communities we serve. See how those pennies add up.
Bring Us With You
Download the SunMobile App!
The SunMobile app lets you manage your finances quickly, safely and securely from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
Easily deposit checks6, pay bills, pay a person, transfer funds, locate the nearest branches and ATMs, and view check images with SunMobile.
6Minimum credit or risk score required.