Online Banking FAQs
Whether you recently signed up for SunNet Online Banking or you’re trying to learn more about its features, we’re always here to help. Find answers to commonly asked questions about online banking with Suncoast.
New Bill Pay and Mobile Payments Features
Where can I learn about Suncoast’s new digital banking improvements, including the Pay a Person feature?
You can learn more about our new online banking features — Pay a Person, Bill Pay and our improved funds transfer options — including how-to videos on this page.
Does Suncoast use Zelle or any other digital payment format?
Suncoast Credit Union has its own digital payment capabilities through our Pay a Person feature. This allows our members to send money to anyone, no matter where they bank.
Learn more about Pay a Person, including how-to videos, on our digital solutions page.
How do I make transfers from the “Accounts” page?
Follow these simple steps to transfer funds:
- Click the “Quick Transfer” link (or, if a loan, the “Make Payment” link) located in the Options column of your account line.
- From the “Quick Transfer” screen, select the account you want to transfer “From,” select the account you want to transfer “To,” enter the “Amount,” and then click the “Transfer” button.
You also have the option of transferring money by clicking on the “Transfers” tile from the homepage or from the menu pane.
How do I transfer funds between my own accounts or to another member's account?
Follow these simple steps to transfer funds:
- Navigate to the "Transfers" page.
- From the "Transfer From" tile, select either "My Accounts" or, if applicable, "Joint Accounts" and choose the account where the money is now. The account will become highlighted with an underline and a blue box.
- Next, select the account to where you are transferring funds. You can transfer funds to your own accounts, joint accounts or another member's account. Your own accounts and joint accounts will become highlighted with an underline and a blue box.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and click the "Transfer" button, which will present a summary of the transfer for your confirmation or cancellation.
- If you are transferring funds to another Suncoast member's account, you will need to enter the recipient's member number, account suffix and correct spelling of their last name.
Can I transfer funds to my account at another financial institution via SunNet?
With Online ACH Funds Transfer, you can send money to your own accounts at any bank or credit union in the United States. Funds will be debited same day from your Suncoast account when the transfer is set up. Funds are typically available in your external account within 3 – 5 business days.
Can I stop or modify my request to transfer funds?
Yes, you can modify or cancel your funds transfer request until you get to the "Confirm Transfer" screen. However, after you've completed a funds transfer and have received a confirmation, you cannot stop the transfer from occurring. At that point, if you change your mind about the amount you wanted to transfer (if the transfer was between your personal and joint accounts), simply complete another transfer to transfer funds again between the appropriate accounts. Transfers to another member's account or to a loan account cannot be adjusted — please visit your nearest branch or call us for assistance.
Can I tell when transfers are posted to my account?
Yes, for money sent from accounts elsewhere to your Suncoast Credit Union Account, funds will show as available in your account in 3 business days. For more urgent needs, please contact our Member Care Center, 800-999-5887.
General Questions About SunNet
How do I gain access to SunNet Online Banking?
Enter your member number in the Login box on the homepage or by using the Login link at the top of any page on this site. (Your member number was provided when you opened your account.) You will also need your password, which may have been set up when you opened your account. If you did not set up your password, or if you don't remember the password you selected, request a new one by calling the Members Contact Center at 1-800-999-5887 or visit any Suncoast Credit Union service center.
I lost or don’t know my Member Number and/or Password to log in to SunNet. What do I do now?
Your Member Number is the last 6 or 7 digits of your account number. Your password may have been set up when you opened your account. If you need help finding your member number or SunNet password, you can contact the Members Contact Center at 1-800-999-5887 or request a password at any local service center (valid identification is required).
How can I change my password?
You can change your password at any time when you are logged into SunNet Online Banking through the “My Profile” page.
How do I set my landing/start page?
If you would prefer to land on a specific page of SunNet rather than the homepage, follow these easy steps:
- Navigate to the page you want to land on upon signing into SunNet. Using the example of changing your landing page to "My Profile," navigate to the "My Profile" page.
- Click the link found in the upper right corner of your screen called "Bring Me Here After Logon."
- The next time you log in, you will arrive directly at the "My Profile" page.
Can I open a checking or savings account online?
Yes! Existing members can open a new checking or savings account online in just a few minutes.
Log in, go to your accounts page, and click the “Open New Account” button. Follow the prompts and your new account will be ready in a few simple clicks.
How do I find my joint accounts?
Follow these simple steps to locate and review joint accounts:
- On the “Accounts” page, you will see a button labeled “Primary” and a button labeled “Joints” directly beneath the account headings.
- Click the “Joints” button, which will add your joint accounts to your view (you may need to scroll down to see the joint accounts).
- Click the “Primary” button to remove your joint accounts from your view.
Where can I find my interest rates, dividend rates, and other account details?
Follow these simple steps to find account detail information:
- From the Tile View of the “Accounts” page, click the “Details” link found in the lower left corner of any account tile, then click the “Account Details” link, where you will find all the information about that particular account.
- From the List View of the “Accounts” page, click the “Details” link found under the Options column of any account line, then click the “Account Details” link, where you will find all the information about that particular account.
Where can I find my ScoreCard Rewards Points?
To review your point balance, redeem points and shop, simply go to the “Cards” page. Click the “Details” link found in the lower left corner of the credit or debit card tile, then click the “ScoreCard Rewards” link.
What’s the difference between the “Current Balance” and the “Available Balance” on my deposit account?
The Current Balance is the total amount in your account without any holds.
The Available Balance is the amount of your current balance that is accessible to you right now. The available balance includes your current balance minus any branch or ATM withdrawals and other deductions, funds transferred or any funds placed on hold during the current business day.
What details will I find on the Transaction History? Who can I call if I have a question?
Transaction History lets you review transactions posted to your personal checking, savings, or loan accounts. You can review details about each transaction including the date, amount and description of the transaction, as well as the balance in your account after the transaction was posted.
If you have any questions, please call the Member Care Center at 800-999-5887 or click on the envelope beside each transaction to send us an inquiry.
What is Direct Connect?
Direct Connect allows you to automatically download your transactions from SunNet Online Banking from within Quicken. With Direct Connect, there is no more searching for downloads and importing QIF files, and no more duplicate transactions due to multiple QIF downloads.
How can I suggest an improvement to SunNet Online Banking?
We’re always interested in knowing what you think about our site and how we may improve it. Simply send us an email by selecting “Compose Message” from the Message Center page or by calling our Digital Banking Department at 1-800-999-5887 ext. 88600.
Bring Us With You
Download the SunMobile App!
The SunMobile app lets you manage your finances quickly, safely and securely from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
Easily deposit checks*, pay bills, pay a person, transfer funds, locate the nearest branches and ATMs, and view check images with SunMobile.
*Minimum credit or risk score required.