Car Loan Calculator
Use this calculator to help you determine your monthly car loan payment or your car purchase price. After you have entered your current information, use the graph options to see how different loan terms or down payments can impact your monthly payment. You can also examine your complete amortization schedule by clicking on the “View Report” button.
Financial Calculators from
Loan amount: $18,440
|Taxes and fees:||
|Principal Balances for $18,440 in financing|
|How does the term affect my payment?|
|How does the down payment affect my payment?|
- Monthly payment
- Monthly payment for your auto financing.
- Total purchase price (before tax)
- This is the total cost of your auto purchase. Include the cost of the vehicle, additional options and destination charges. Don't include sales tax in this amount. Sales tax will be calculated for you and included in your total after-tax price.
- Term in months
- Number of months for this loan.
- Interest rate
- Annual interest rate for this loan.
- Rebates and cash down
- Total amount of cash and/or factory rebates used in this purchase. The larger your cash down payment the smaller the loan you will need to finance this purchase.
- Trade allowance
- The total amount that you are given for any automobile that you trade-in as part of this purchase. In some states a trade-in can also reduce the amount of sales tax you will owe. See the definition for 'Sales tax deduction for trade-in' for more information on trade-in vehicles and sales tax.
- Amount owed on trade
- Total loan balance still outstanding on the trade-in.
- Non-taxable fees (optional)
- Any additional fee that is not subject to sales tax. This usually includes document fees or any other fees that may be due at delivery and are not taxable.
- Taxable fees (optional)
- Any additional fee that is subject to sales tax. This usually includes title transfer fees or any other fees that may be due at delivery and are taxable.
- Sales tax rate
- Sales tax percentage rate charged on this purchase.
- No sales tax deduction for trade-in
- If you live in a state where your sales tax is calculated on your full purchase price, check this box. If this box is unchecked, sales tax is calculated on the purchase price less trade-in. Currently California, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland and Michigan allow no deductions for trade-ins when calculating sales tax. In addition, Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon have no sales tax on autos.