Fortunately for our members, Members Insurance Center, LLC partnered with Assurant Specialty Property to provide First Protector mortgage disaster insurance coverage to help alleviate some of the financial burden. First Protector not only provides more financial protection from these events, but can also provide you with cash to help cover your monthly mortgage payment.
First Protector benefits include:
- Monthly Mortgage Payment – Pays the monthly mortgage payment (including escrow) for up to two years when a home is temporarily uninhabitable.
- Mortgage Balance Payoff – Pays the balance on a mortgage, after proceeds payable by the homeowner’s insurance policy, if the land where your home is located is condemned or judged permanently uninhabitable by a Government Entity.
- Deductible Reimbursement – Pays your homeowners policy deductible up to $500, twice in one year, in the event you suffer from more than one covered loss in the same year.
Optional Benefits include:
- Involuntary Unemployment Coverage – Pays your monthly mortgage for a period of up two months if you lose your job involuntarily.
- Emergency Cash – Pays up to $1,000 in emergency cash to pay for expenses incurred after a covered disaster.
- An increase to your homeowners policy deductible – Reimburses you up to $1,000 of your homeowners deductible.
A Home Warranty Plan is a service contract that protects homeowners against the high cost of unexpected repairs or replacement of a home's covered system and appliances that fail due to normal wear and use.* Suncoast Credit Union members now get even bigger and better benefits, including:
- Budget protection – when covered home systems and appliances fail
- Access to qualified contractors – we have a network of service providers you can rely on
- Peace of mind – knowing help is just a phone call away
- No annual aggregate caps
- Reimbursement of up to $1,000 back for homeowners’ insurance deductible (TotalProtect Plan)
- Up to $1,200 back for emergency lodging (TotalProtect and SystemsProtect Plans)
Learn more about a Home Warranty Plan.
*See plan for complete coverage details.
Rising water can cause severe damage to your home and the belongings inside. Homeowner’s insurance covers some costs associated with weather-related damage, but damages caused by floods are excluded from all homeowner’s policies. If you live in an area susceptible to flooding, you’ll need flood insurance to protect your home and its contents.
Flooding is defined as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of normally dry land at least 2 acres from:
- Overflow of inland or tidal waters
- Unusual and rapid accumulation of runoff of surface waters
- Mudslides as a result of flooding
Learn more about Flood Insurance
If you’re renting an apartment or home, your landlord’s policy will protect their assets, but not yours. Renter’s insurance is an affordable way to make sure that you’re covered in case of burglary, fire or weather-related damage.
Members Insurance Center, LLC works with American Modern Insurance Group to provide affordable renter’s insurance for our members.
Learn more about Renter's Insurance
Our property insurance policies provide coverage for your specific type of residence — we work with you to help identify the type of coverage you need. Through our Members Insurance Center, LLC we provide:
- Homeowner’s Insurance: If you own a single-family dwelling, you’ll want insurance that covers damage to the interior and exterior of your home, as well as theft of or damage to the contents.
Learn more about Homeowner's Insurance
If you own a condo or townhome in a multiple family housing building, your condo association should have insurance on the exterior, but you want to protect damage to the interior and theft or damage to your condo’s contents.
Learn more about Condo Insurance
When the coverage on your existing insurance policies exhaust their limits, umbrella insurance kicks in. It can provide a second layer of protection for when you need it most.
- Coverage starting at $1,000,000 (higher limits available)
- Covers all members of your household
- Covers legal defense fees
Learn more about Umbrella insurance.
Whether for your new home or the kitchen of your dreams, you want to make sure your home is protected during the building process. For all new home construction or remodeling projects, you should consider builder’s risk insurance — property coverage insurance that protects you against damage during construction.
Contact the Members Insurance Center, LLC for more Information.