Suncoast Smart Checking is Perfect for Teens
It is a big responsibility to manage your own money in your own checking account. But Suncoast makes it easy! If you’re 13 or older, and your parent or legal guardian is willing to be a joint owner, you’re eligible to open a free Smart Checking account.
Select a Service:
Smart Phone, Smart Banking
You already use your phone for almost everything. Why not bank with it, too? With SunMobile, mobile banking is simple. SunMobile is our mobile app that lets you manage your finances quickly, safely and securely using your smart phone or tablet. Easily check balances, make loan payments, pay bills, transfer funds, find branches and ATMs, view check images and more.
Checking That's More Than Free
Not only is checking free at Suncoast, but you’ll also give back to the local community with every swipe of your debit card. We’re proud of how we stack up against banks. See for yourself some of the savings and benefits we offer.
Choose a Product:
Fixed or Variable
Annual Percentage Rate
Term in Months
Smart Checking $0
Term in Months
- $5 opening deposit required when opening online only.
- Convenient mobile apps (iOS & Android) for online banking and check depositing while on-the-go.
- Each time you use your debit card for a purchase, Suncoast donates money to benefit local schools.
- Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- Free debit card
- Free ATM access at Suncoast ATMS, Publix Presto ATMs, McDonald’s® ATMs in select counties1 and tens of thousands more through the CO-OP Network
- No monthly service fees, no activation fees, no ATM fees from Suncoast ATMs, Publix Presto ATMs or within the CO-OP Network
- Free online banking, bill pay and mobile banking
- eStatements and combined account statements, also available in Spanish
- Free images of cleared checks (up to 90-day account history)
- Visa Account Updater (VAU), which will automatically update your cardholder data with participating merchants when your card information changes, including recurring payments and card-on-file relationships. If you wish to opt-out of Visa Account Updater, you may do one of the following:
- Call our Member Care Center: 813-621-7511 or 800-999-5887
- Visit your local branch
- Mail written request to: Suncoast Credit Union, ATM001, PO Box 11904, Tampa, FL 33680
Suncoast Offers Scholarships
Suncoast, a proud supporter of public education, has provided more than 550 scholarships since 1990 to students pursuing higher education.
See for yourself how you could be eligible to receive a Suncoast Scholarship.